Mario Kart 7 development an "act of emergency"

by Ben Salter Featured 17 Comments 26 Votes 4647 Views 26/11/2011 Back to News

Mario Kart 7's development became an "act of emergency" when Nintendo realised they would struggle to meet the end of 2011 deadline.

Speaking in the Japanese edition of Iwata Asks, via NeoGAF, producer Hideki Konno revealed development began with an eight person team that desperately needed help.

Retro Studios was originally only going to assist with the Donkey Kong designs, but ended up revamping all 16 classic courses, while Nintendo developed new tracks.

The staff shortage arose when Nintendo EAD were forced to prioritise Nintendogs + Cats for the 3DS launch, neglecting future titles including Mario Kart.

Mario Kart 7 will be released in Australia next Saturday, December 3.

Link to us http://ds.mmgn.com/News/Mario-Kart-7-development-an-act-of-emerg
Vote for this article Log in with Facebook

More Info on Mario Kart 7

Mario Kart 7 Mario Kart 7 Mario Kart 7 Mario Kart 7 Mario Kart 7 Mario Kart 7 Mario Kart 7

Mario Kart 7 development an "act of emergency" Comments

Leave a comment Log in with Facebook
Blob
+
Well this explains the lack of Waluigi, Bowser jr etc.

Maybe this would be a good time for Nintendo to show off their new DLC capabilities by giving us characters/karts that didn't make launch? ;)
Ah december 3rd? :/
i wont have much money by then.. fml.
I don't care when it comes out as long as we get it

blob said: Well this explains the lack of Waluigi, Bowser jr etc.
Maybe this would be a good time for Nintendo to show off their new DLC capabilities by giving us characters/karts that didn't make launch?


good idea or release a mario kart 7 part 2 for it

gargoyles said:

blob said: Well this explains the lack of Waluigi, Bowser jr etc.
Maybe this would be a good time for Nintendo to show off their new DLC capabilities by giving us characters/karts that didn't make launch?


good idea or release a mario kart 7 part 2 for it


No.
just no nintendo will release it after dec
They better realease packs, But I just hope that there are characters that havent been revelad yet.

BC25 said: They better realease packs, But I just hope that there are characters that havent been revelad yet.


There are. Apparantly, after revealing Queen Bee and that other guy (can't remember who it was), Nintendo Power said there were "even more" unlockable characters. That means 2-6 more characters. ^_^

abujaffer said:

BC25 said: They better realease packs, But I just hope that there are characters that havent been revelad yet.


There are. Apparantly, after revealing Queen Bee and that other guy (can't remember who it was), Nintendo Power said there were "even more" unlockable characters. That means 2-6 more characters.


YAY i want more characters! :)
"Nintendo EAD were forced to prioritise Nintendogs + Cats for the 3DS launch, neglecting future titles including Mario Kart."


Says a lot about Nintendo, really.

bylim5 said: "Nintendo EAD were forced to prioritise Nintendogs + Cats for the 3DS launch, neglecting future titles including Mario Kart."
Says a lot about Nintendo, really.


yeah it says that mario games aren't important and that crappy little games about dogs and cats are the most important things ever.
people love the shit out of the nintendogs series andriasang.com/...

but you guys keep going on about casual games
Nintendogs is ****en awesome, don't diss my virtual puppies.

Also, so what characters do we get right off the bat?

Matteh said: Nintendogs is ****en awesome, don't diss my virtual puppies.
Also, so what characters do we get right off the bat?


i can diss nintendos dogs and cats.

mario luigi toad bowser peach are all that i know

sjt333 said: people love the shit out of the nintendogs series andriasang.com/...
but you guys keep going on about



Beat me to it.

People buy Nintendogs, so why wouldn't they prioritize...

Nintendogs was almost finished.

Mario Kart wasn't.

The 3DS launch was coming up, and Nintendo needed more launch games.

They worked on the game they were almost finished with, not the game that's going to take them months to finish and delay the game that's almost finished as well. ;)
Leave Nintendogs for now, and concentrate on Mario Kart 7

Post a comment

Leave a comment Log in with Facebook
  • Mario Kart 7
  • Mario Kart 7
  • Mario Kart 7
  • Mario Kart 7
  • Mario Kart 7
  • Mario Kart 7
  • Mario Kart 7
  • Mario Kart 7
  • Mario Kart 7
  • Mario Kart 7
  • Mario Kart 7Mario Kart 7 Video
  • Mario Kart 7Mario Kart 7 Video
  • Mario Kart 7Mario Kart 7 Video

Recently Read

Featured 3DS Content

Most Anticipated May Game

Most Anticipated May Game

30/04/2015 Polls 6 13
Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon coming in 2016

Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon coming in 2016

Gryllis 1 day News 0 12
Mario Bros amiibo stand coming to Australia

Mario Bros amiibo stand coming to Australia

Gryllis 2 days News 4 7
This bloke had the easiest job interview at Nintendo

This bloke had the easiest job interview at Nintendo

Gryllis 2 days News 2 7
How do you avoid spoilers on social media?

How do you avoid spoilers on social media?

Gryllis 3 days Articles 12 4
These new items are coming to Australian Club Nintendo

These new items are coming to Australian Club Nintendo

Gryllis 3 days News 4 6
Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX delayed to Sept

Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX delayed to Sept

Gryllis 3 days News 1 3
Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley date confirmed
Gryllis 3 days News 1 7
Friendly Fire Show 96: Wild Hunt Power Hour

Friendly Fire Show 96: Wild Hunt Power Hour

Podcast 5 days Articles 0 1

Community Content

Wii U - 2, MMGN - 0

Wii U - 2, MMGN - 0

01/05/2015 Blog 14 1